Friday, February 26, 2010

nyc nightlife in feb 2000 10 years ago this month

nyc nightlife in feb 2000 10 years ago this month
nyc nightlife in feb 2000 10 years ago this month

feb 2 2000 the toilet boys headlined don hills

feb 4 2000 carl cox headlined an ultimate base night at twilo

feb 10, 2000 beavher at don hill's with guests sean lennon, donno leitch, jenn stillwell, vitti, & top tunes d'ya think Im sexy, it takes 2, just like heaven, rock with you, & rock your baby. ***1/2 of 5 stars

feb 12 2000 tiswas at don hills with bands the interpreters & the humans

feb 17 2000 beavher at don hills with guest ali wise, and top tunes vacation, bigmouth, boys dont cry, dont stop til you get enough, & love will tear us apart. ***3/4 of 5 stars.

feb 18 2000 dj sneak & doc martin were at the roxy. sven vath was at twilo. and the realistics, ultrafine & the gentlemen were at brownies.

feb 24 2000 beavher at don hills with top tunes jive talkin, I feel good, & the israelites. **** of 5 stars

feb 25 2000 morrissey played roseland . setlist: A Swallow On My Neck / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Billy Budd / Hairdresser On Fire / November Spawned A Monster / Half A Person / Lost / Now My Heart Is Full / I Am Hated For Loving / Meat Is Murder / Boxers / The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils / I Can Have Both / Is It Really So Strange? / Break Up The Family / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me // Shoplifters Of The World Unite. ****3/4 of 5 stars .

feb 29, 2000 I took the amtrak to wash dc where I saw morrissey with jj & chris at the 9:30 club. hi-lites in the set included 'a swallow on my neck' 'billy budd' 'half a person' 'alma matters' 'i am hated for loving' 'boxers' 'i can have both.'
setlist: You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Swallow On My Neck / Billy Budd / Hairdresser On Fire / November Spawned A Monster / Half A Person / Now My Heart Is Full / Alma Matters / I Am Hated For Loving / Meat Is Murder / The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils / Boxers / Is It Really So Strange? / I Can Have Both / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me // Shoplifters Of The World Unite. ****1/4 of 5 stars
* also went to the metro club in DC for some noisy industrial metal. and then to 11th hour house club with top tune psb 'you only tell me you love me when youre drunk.' another DC club that night was having 'cher night' [she was huge at that time with the 'believe' LP] and the 11th hour DJ was so pissed that Cher had stolen his whole crowd across town!
* the same night sasha was at twilo

feb 29 2000 morrissey played the beacon theatre with one of the greatest concerts ive ever seen in 36 years of going to concerts. hi-lites included 'lost' 'the more you ignore me' 'tomorrow' and his one & only ever only performance ever of david bowie's 'drive in saturday.'
a fan said to moz 'steven go to your room & clean it.' morrissey spun around & put the mike in my face & asked 'what does he mean? what does that mean' and I said 'used to be a sweet boy,' which can be clearly heard on the bootleg of this incredible gig [thanks, ezra!], I was there at the beacon theatre in 1985 for two smiths shows on meat is murder. the 1st smiths night ranks with the top 5-10 concerts ive ever seen. I would say that this leap year 2000 moz show at the beacon was more or less the equal of that smiths' night in 1985- 2 of the very best concerts Ive ever seen in 36 years of shows.
Beacon setlist: You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Swallow On My Neck / Is It Really So Strange? / Hairdresser On Fire / Lost / I Am Hated For Loving / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Now My Heart Is Full / November Spawned A Monster / Boxers / The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get / I Can Have Both / Half A Person / Tomorrow / Meat Is Murder // Drive In Saturday. ***** of 5 stars feb 10, 2000 beavher featured 'd'ya think Im sexy?' with sean lennon in attendance.

feb 25 2000 morrissey played roseland

feb 25, 2000 I took the amtrak to wash dc where I saw morrissey with jj & chris. hi-lites in the set included 'a swallow on my neck' 'billy budd' 'half a person' 'alma matters' 'i am hated for loving' 'boxers' 'i can have both'

feb 29 2000 morrissey played the beacon theatre with one of the greatest concerts ive ever seen in 34 years of gigs. hi-lites included 'lost' 'the more you ignore me' 'tomorrow' and his only performance ever of david bowies 'drive in saturday.'
a fan said to moz 'steven go to your room & clean it.' morrissey spun around & put the mike in my face & asked 'what does he mean? what does that mean' and I said 'used to be a sweet boy,' which can be clearly heard on the bootleg of this incredible gig [thanks, ezra!], every bit as good as the smiths' meat is murder 1985 beacon show, and the single best morrissey solo concert ive ever seen.

Currently listening:
Our Kind Of Soul
By Daryl Hall & John Oates

the police bootleg 'message in a bottle' hard trance mix from paul oakenfold's set at the arches in glasgow 10/05



* my horoscope lucky colours for feb 2000 incl. gold, silver, white, & brown.

Currently listening :
World of Morrissey

PLAYLIST FEB 2000:
fire island 'shout to the top' cd45
mariah carey 'fantasy/genius of love'
marvelettes 'beechwood 45789'
marvekllettes 'the hunter is captured by the game'
david bowie: aladdin sane. drive in saturday. panic in detroit. cracked actor'
the originals 'baby im for real. the bells. just to keep you satisfied.'
nat king cole 'route 66'
naughty by nature 'hip hop hooray'
the spinners 'how could i let you get away'
the cars 'dangerous type. heartbeat city. lets go.'
morrissey 'london live. billy budd live. the boy racer. spring heeled jim live. why dont you find out live.'
the smiths 'hand in glove live. some girls are bigger live.'

No comments: