Saturday, February 14, 2009

nyc nightlife jan 2008

nyc nightlife jan 2008

dec 31 2007 the virgins were at mercury lounge. i love their LP & they played 2 strong shows at 1st unit + johnny brendas.

jan 1 2008 junior vasquez was at SOL on west 29th st from 9 am to 4 pm.
* I attended the renior landscape show at phila museum of art + also enjoyed the rothko's & mondrians on display.

jan 5 2008 red romance was at mercury.

jan 11 2008 dj exacta was at Touch 240 w 52nd st

jan 12 2008 I started out the night at tiswas at annex. the hot seconds played. 1/2*. a bad version of primal scream. Tis was my favourite party in 1999 but Sorted is the only good Brit nite in 2009. i took 2 pics w/nick marc, he's 1 of my all-time heroes. downstairs was weird minimal electronic party "LISS." left at 1230.
* next up to STEREO on west 33rd st for peter bailey/richie santana mind control. richie opened with deep house. peter came on at 130 he played excellent tribal house, a hot disco cut up number. over the last year, bailey has become one of my favourite djs live with his ultra-futuristic sound. stayed til 345 ***3/4 of 5 stars. looking forward to peter's return to lounge 125 soon!

jan 15 2008 i was cast in a Dell computer ad shoot, my first modelling work [in front of camera] in recent years. on the plus side, justin long wasnt there. on the downside, I have never seen this print ad although Ive heard its in magazines & tv commercials ??!

jan 18 2008 oscar g was at pacha. the ny giants upset the GB packers. the patriots beat the chargers. au revoir simone was at bowery ballrm.

jan 19 2008 roger sanchez was at pacha. the raveonettes were at terminal 5.

jan 20 2008 junior vasquez was at room service 35 e 21st. chus & peter bailey were at asseteria, 431 w 16th st

jan 24 2008 victor calderone was at cielo.

jan 25 2008 rui [paisley longthrob] spun at don hills.

jan 26 2008. started out the night at Tiswas at annex. silver rockets played, good shoegaZE INDIE. 1-1/2* of 5 stars
. talked to terri o'rourke, nick, and spikey phil. and of course the Giants super-bowl was on everyone's mind.
* next up to sullivan room for derrick carter, my favourite dj of all time. stayed from 120-430. ****3/4 it was the 2nd best club night of my 2008. Mr DC came on at 120 with a majorly funky set. hi-lites: where were u when the lights went out funk mix. grace's feel up/ time to get up. house of god!!. church lady instrumental. u can depend on me. din dada + remix. the pressure/sweet georgia brown !!!. keep the love you gave to me/ rescue me. make me feel like dancin. the casbah. sexual healing rmx. bill cosby. i want yall to get together. took a pic w/derrick. scott richmond followed at 440? 2nd best club night of my 2008.

jan 31 roger sanchez was at cielo. the red romance were at mercury lounge.

my horoscope lucky colours in InTouch magazine were blue, & white.

No comments: